Harry Hill wants you…for the new series of Stars In Their Eyes!
ITV has now released an advert asking for entries for the new series, which will air in 2015. Harry is looking for the nation’s best singalikes who will undergo a transformation after going through the famous doors!
You also have an extra few weeks to enter, as the deadline has been moved to 31st October at 5pm.
Here’s the video in full:
To enter, visit starsintheireyes.com.
Here are the latest bits of Harry Hill news:
- Harry is returning to Lee Hurst’s Backyard Comedy Club on Thursday for new material night. He last appears in one of the final nights of the old club in 2010 before it was demolished to make way for the new hotel and club. Tickets are just £5 and can be purchased on backyardcomedyclub.co.uk.
- The British Comedy Society celebrated 20 years of Harry on the telly on Twitter:
- Over on Instagram, Harry visited the Rowland Emmet exhibition in Birmingham:
- Finally, Harry was at BBC Radio 2’s Hyde Park show last weekend, as mentioned in the Evening Standard and on Harry’s Instagram, where he showed his delight at seeing ELO:
Here are the latest bits for your Sunday reading:
- Harry Hill is back at The Harrison on Tuesday for another night of comedy that features the return of Karl Schultz’s character Matthew Kelly. They will be joined by Beth Vyse, Ben Target and Will Franken. To get your tickets, visit WeGotTickets.
- Victoria Elliott from I Can’t Sing has been talking to The Advertiser on the musical.
- Simon Brodkin, known as Lee Nelson, has been discussing how Harry was involved in his early comedy career to The Mirror.
- Go Think Big has got Harry as one of their six celebrities that changed their careers, as Harry used to be a doctor!
- Finally, TV Burp producer Spencer Millman has been tweeting about TV Burp and the latest series of Celebrity Big Brother:
Harry Hill appeared at Sticky Mike’s this week for Brian Gittins’ Gittin To Know You.
Here are a few pictures:
The cover for Harry Hill’s new book coming this October has been revealed.
Harry Hill’s Colossal Compendium is a compilation of the best bits from his Bumper Book of Bloopers, Complete History of Tim (the Tiny Horse) and Whopping Great Joke Book. It will be released on 2nd October and is 352 pages.
Here’s the cover:
Pre-order now on Amazon.co.uk.
Keep it Harry Hill Fansite for more!
Here are the latest bits of Harry Hill news for your Sunday reading:
- Matt Crockett is currently showing his 50 Comics portraits, which include Harry, at The Boards Cocktail Bar at the Edinburgh Playhouse until 15th November. A book will also be released on a limited edition basis. For more, visit MattCrockett.com.
- Simon Bailey from I Can’t Sing has discussed the musical with BroadwayWorld.com.
- Harry is amongst the stars that have signed an open letter to the media on diversity in actors and writers, which has been published by The Guardian.
- Harry will be at Sticky Mike’s in Brighton to join Brian Gittins’ Gittins To Know You:
And finally, over on Instagram:
Harry visited St Leonard’s Church, Hythe and its crypt:
A feathered friend joined Harry on the train:
And Jimmy Carr popped up at the airport:
You can now apply to star in Harry Hill’s new series of Stars In Their Eyes.
If you are a soundalike of your favourite singing star, be it Sir Tom Jones, Lady Gaga, Barry Manilow, Adele or indeed any big name, you can put your name in the frame to feature in the new series, due to air in 2015, and say the famous words, “Tonight, Harry, I’m going to be…”.
Whilst there will be a new look, arena, sliding doors and new twists on the show, the show will still be all about singing like the stars, with aid of a bit of costume and make up. You will need to be 18 or over and a resident of the United Kingdom.
On the new show, Harry has said:
Without a doubt, appearing on Stars in their Eyes as Morrissey all those years ago (although beaten, unfairly in my view, by Kirsty Young’s Peggy Lee) was one of the highlights of my light entertainment career.
So imagine the smile bought to my lips when I was asked by ITV at a secret breakfast meeting in a top London hotel to take the reigns of this Rolls-Royce of pop-impression talent shows and walk in the footsteps of showbiz giants Crowther, Kelly and Deeley! And on ITV too! Dust off the wigs and sequins – I’m coming home!
You have only got until 30th September to apply, so don’t miss out and apply today!
To apply, visit starsintheireyes.com or write to:
Stars In Their Eyes, Endemol UK, Shepherds Building Central, Charecroft Way, London, W14 0EE
Keep it Harry Hill Fansite for the latest on the show!
Harry Hill will be welcoming singing stars out of the fog as he takes over Stars In Their Eyes.
Having been rumoured recently, ITV’s Elaine Bedell have now confirmed in an interview with Broadcast that the broadcaster has ordered 6 hour long episodes from Initial. Mirella Breda from Initial has said of Harry’s hosting that he will offer “a unique spin on the series, which promises to appeal to audiences both old and new.”
Elaine has said that they are working on other projects with Harry and on Stars, said:
Stars In Their Eyes gives Harry room to do his comedy – you can imagine what he’s going to make of it, the chance to dress up.
For more, visit Broadcast.
Harry Hill will be joining BBC1 for an as yet unknown show.
In an interview with The Guardian, BBC1 controller Charlotte Moore has revealed that Harry will join the channel for a scripted comedy. On Harry, Charlotte describes him as “one of the great comic talents of British television” and added on Harry and his movie:
Everyone knows it’s a big challenge to find the next big hit. There’s no science to it. You have to go with your gut.